High-quality learning outside the classroom in inspirational spaces
High-quality learning outside the classroom in inspirational spaces. We provide high-quality learning outside the classroom experiences in inspirational spaces that can help unlock children’s learning potential and bring out the best in them. Learning in Essex Country Parks is fun, active and covers a wider curriculum scope. Activities are also designed to promotion children’s personal and social development.
Why choose Essex Country Parks for school visits?
- Our Country Parks offer inspirational spaces that can unlock children's learning potential and bring out the best in them.
- Your class will be guided by an experienced Education Ranger, leading the day at the pace of your group.
- Learning in our Country Parks is fun, active and most importantly, memorable.
- Knowing the demands schools face, we seek to give you the greatest possible value from the visit. Your day can be tailored to best meet the type of curriculum you are following and the stage you are at.
- Activities cover a wide curricular scope and are infused with numeracy and literacy aspects. They are also designed to promote children's personal and social development.
- We keep up-to-date with teaching trends
- Booking is straightforward and maintains continuity throughout. You will also be able to discuss your exact requirements with us before your visit.
- We'll give you all the planning and health and safety documents you need.
- We aim for every visitor on a school trip, regardless of age, to experience learning in a natural environment. Whether learning about our amazing local green spaces or taking away inspiration for activities in your setting. We are always learning.
- We enjoy supporting schools in their Learning Outside the Classroom (LOtC) requirements so if you feel your school could do more, either on or off the school grounds, just call us. We look forward to hearing from you.
Discover different packages
- Gruffalo Day
- Fairy Tale Day
- Stick Man Day
- Caveman Day
- Kensuke Kingdom Day
- Room on the Broom Day
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar Day
- Billy Goat Gruff Day
- World War II Day
- Pirate Day
- Geocaching Day
- Survival Skills Day
- Rocks and Soils Day
- Plant Detective Day
- Habitat Day
- Dinosaur Day
- Stone Age to Iron Age
- Celts to Romans
To discuss or book a school visit
Please call 0345 603 7624 for visits to Weald Country Park, Thorndon Country Park and Danbury Country Park.
Resources for teachers
Here are a few helpful resources that may come in handy for your trip to Essex Country Parks.
- Teacher information
- Outdoors, whatever the weather! Clothing advice for park visits.
- Letter for parents
- Risk assessment pack
- Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) provision
- Lost Child Policy
- Thunderstorm Policy
We look forward to sharing our green spaces with you.