The Lock Climbing Wall
Welcome to Essex's largest Indoor climbing Centre! Located on the outskirts of Harlow, The Lock climbing wall is one of the most popular climbing walls.
At a glance
The Lock Climbing Wall will be reopening on 12 April 2021.
From 17 May:
- You will be able to climb with others outside of your household or support bubble in a pre-booked, 2-hour slot.
- Adult courses will be once again be available to book.
- All monthly and annual passes will be reactivated as of May 17th.
- For more information and to book
Check our full FAQs and plan your visit in advance.
Check government guidance here.
Whether you are a seasoned climber or a newcomer looking to try the sport, The Lock Climbing Wall in Harlow provides a great climbing experience for all ages and abilities.
The Lock offers a range of climbing options, from beginner to aspirant athletes an everything in between. The centre has over 120 climbing routes available, up to 14m high.
- Adult Taster, Refresher and Learn to Climb Courses
- NICAS – for children aged 7-17
Eat, Shop & Drink
There is a small café at The Lock offering hot and cold drinks, a selection of snacks and a range of sandwiches and wraps.
You are also welcome to bring your own food to consume on-site and we have outside picnic benches available to use.
Where to find us
Venues you may be interested in…
Danbury offers a wide variety of programmes including activities such as aerial trekking, canoeing, climbing and mountain biking. Duke of Edinburgh and expedition leadership courses are also run from this site. Danbury’s 70 acre site offers many options for your accommodation, conferencing and room hire needs – catered or self-catering.
- Well Lane, Danbury, CM3 4AB