Essex Outdoors Danbury
Danbury offers a wide variety of programmes including activities such as aerial trekking, canoeing, climbing and mountain biking. Duke of Edinburgh and expedition leadership courses are also run from this site. Danbury’s 70 acre site offers many options for your accommodation, conferencing and room hire needs – catered or self-catering.
At a glance
Essex Outdoors will be offering School Holiday Activity Days at Danbury from 1-4 June available to book now here.
Essex Outdoors will be taking a phased approach to reopening, in line with the government’s COVID-19 Roadmap:-
- From April 6th they will resume the School Holiday Activity Days, plus day bookings for small groups of up to 5 individuals.
- On April 12ththe Lock Climbing Wall will reopen.
- From May 17th they hope to resume working with schools and groups, for day visits*
- And from June 21st Essex Outdoors hope that overnight residential visits will resume*
For further information, please get in touch. firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0345 200 4220
*subject to Department for Education (DfE) guidance
- Adventure & Obstacle Courses
- Aerial Trekking
- Bridge Build
- BMX biking
- First Aid
- Forest School
- High Ropes
- Low Ropes
- Raft Building
- Problem Solving
- Zip Wire
- Camping in patrol tents
- Self-contained accommodation or Scandinavian-style log cabins
- Dining hall
- Fire circle
- Wheelchair accessible
Where to find us
Venues you may be interested in…
The Essex Outdoors centre at Bradwell is a coastal outdoor education centre, based on the River Blackwater Estuary, a lovely stretch of sheltered tidal water on the east coast of Essex. Delivering high-quality residential and day-based outdoor education programmes, Bradwell is recognised as a leading provider of sailing, yachting and water sport activities. The small waterside site packs in a lot: full residential facilities in our main building plus extra spaces in our new onsite tent village.
- Waterside Road, Southminster, CM0 7QY