Essex Outdoors Bradwell
The Essex Outdoors centre at Bradwell is a coastal outdoor education centre, based on the River Blackwater Estuary, a lovely stretch of sheltered tidal water on the east coast of Essex. Delivering high-quality residential and day-based outdoor education programmes, Bradwell is recognised as a leading provider of sailing, yachting and water sport activities. The small waterside site packs in a lot: full residential facilities in our main building plus extra spaces in our new onsite tent village.
At a glance
Essex Outdoors will be taking a phased approach to reopening, in line with the government’s COVID-19 Roadmap:-
- From April 6th they will resume the School Holiday Activity Days, plus day bookings for small groups of up to 5 individuals.
- On April 12ththe Lock Climbing Wall will reopen.
- From May 17th they hope to resume working with schools and groups, for day visits*
- And from June 21st Essex Outdoors hope that overnight residential visits will resume*
For further information, please get in touch. firstname.lastname@example.org or call on 0345 200 4220
*subject to Department for Education (DfE) guidance
- Boating trips
- Bridge Build
- Coastal Discovery
- Dinghy Sailing
- Drone Flying
- First Aid
- High Ropes
- Power Kites
- Raft Building
- Problem Solving
- Team Challenge
- Camping in patrol tents
- Self-contained accommodation building
- Dining room
- Games rooms
- Wheelchair accessible
Where to find us
Venues you may be interested in…
With over 60 acres of beautiful grounds and commanding far-reaching views across the estuary, you can discover many thrilling adventures at Essex Outdoors Mersea. The coastal location is quite special. The surrounding marshes and beaches make it the ideal environment for shore-based studies with access to a small field study centre in a creek nearby, only reachable by boat. A new Lake will also be available to our customers in 2020!
- Rewsalls Lane, Colchester, CO5 8SX