Name the Goats
Name the Goats
Win an Explore Essex bundle of goodies including tickets to Sky Ropes
We’re excited to welcome a new herd of grazing goats to Hadleigh Country Park as part of a natural land management programme. To celebrate the recent arrival of the Cheviot goats at the park we are inviting you to name the goats in the photograph below!
We’re looking for two names – one for each of the goats pictured. You can enter as many times as you like.
Visitors to the park please note:
- The goats are wild animals. Visitors should not approach or feed them. They are on a strict diet of bush and scrub.
- Dog walkers must keep dogs under control in the animal grazing area by keeping them on leads. Dogs can fatally injure animals such as goats and sheep.
- The goats join the Red Poll cattle herd at Hadleigh, who visitors will be used to seeing over the last couple of years.
- The goats will be wearing collars which are fitted with GPS trackers which generate a 'virtual fence' to keep them in specific areas, so you may not always see them. Nofence - World’s first virtual fence for livestock
How to Enter
You can enter through any of the methods below.
- Simply comment on the social media competition posts with your name.
- Email us at: Explore.Essex@essex.gov.uk (remember to title your email 'Name the goat').
The competition will open on Sunday 7 November 2021, and you must enter by 23.59pm Sunday 5 December 2021. Read the full terms and conditions below.
One winner will be picked at random to receive the following prize: a printed certificate with the goat's names and an Explore Essex goody bag including x2 tickets to Sky Ropes and one day's free parking at Hadleigh Country Park (to be used by end May 2022).
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is organised by Explore Essex, part of Essex County Council (ECC), County Hall, Market Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 1QH
2. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. Prize draw entry is free and no purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
4. The winner will be selected at random after the closing date of 23.59 GMT Sunday 5 December. The winner will be selected by the Explore Essex marketing team after the closing date.
5. ECC accepts no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason. ECC will not accept:
(a) responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
(b) proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
6. Entrants must be UK residents and aged 18 years. Parents may enter on behalf of their children.
7. Physical prizes must be collected from the closest participating Essex Country Park where possible.
8. Competitions are not open to Explore Essex or Essex Outdoors employees, or to any immediate family of those employees.
9. In entering the competition, entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. ECC may require proof of eligibility.
10. Prize draw entries that are not submitted in accordance with:
- these terms and conditions; and
- the advertised competition entry procedure
will be automatically disqualified.
11. ECC will not accept competition entries that are:
(a) automatically generated by computer;
(b) completed by third parties or in bulk;
(c) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
(d) photocopies and not originals; or
12. There is a limit of one entry to the competition per entrant for The Lock competition.
13. ECC reserves all rights to disqualify any competition entry where:
(a) the entrant’s conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition;
(b) the entrant uses false information; or
(c) it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
14. ECC reserves the right to implement any age requirements or any other eligibility criteria where necessary.
15. There is one prize for each winner and each winner will receive a prize to the same value.
16. No cash alternative is available. ECC reserve the right to substitute the advertised prize for another of equal or greater value should the original prize become unavailable.
17. The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
CLAIMING THE PRIZE
18. Winners will be notified of their win via an email.
19. Winners must claim the prize within 7 working days of the date of the notification email.
20. If a prize is not claimed within 7 days, the winner will be disqualified, and an alternative winner will be selected at random from the correct entries that were received.
21. ECC reserves the right to re-draw the prize if the winner cannot be contacted within 7 working days or the notification email is returned as undeliverable.
22.The prize may not be claimed by a third party on winner’s behalf.
23. ECC does not accept any responsibility if the prize is not claimed within the specified time limit or the winner is not able to take up the prize.
24. Insofar as is permitted by law, ECC, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage , personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of ECC, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data Protection and Publicity
25. ECC will only process your personal information as set out at https://www.essex.gov.uk/privacy-notices/Pages/Default.aspx.
26. In the event that you win this competition and accept the prize, you agree to:
(a) grant ECC the right to use your name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation; and
(b) the use of any photographs or video footage to be featured on ECC’s web pages or social media sites.
27. Entrants will only be contacted regarding the specific competition they have entered.
28. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, ECC may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude any entrant from participating in the competition.
29. ECC reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
30. The Promoter claims rights to the photograph
31. In the event of any dispute regarding the competition, the final decision of ECC shall be final and binding and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
32. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.