Animal Mysteries Trail Prize Draw Terms and Conditions
Enter our prize draw to win a Colchester Zoo Animal Experience
How to enter
To enter our prize all you have to do is complete the Animal Mysteries Summer Trail, encourage your children to note down their answers and add them up, then simply email in their total number to enter.
Send your email to: Explore.Essex@essex.gov.uk
Title your email: Summer Trail Prize Draw
Find out more about Colchester Zoo's Animal Experiences here.
We'll pick a winner at random after the closing date of Sunday 4 September 2023, see full terms and conditions below.
Colchester Zoo Animal Experience Terms and Conditions
(Full terms and conditions below)
• The Animal Experience must be booked to take place within 6 months.
• Animal Experience selected will be dependent on age of entrant.
• Colchester Zoo will determine an appropriate Animal Experience.
• Age restrictions do apply, and an adult must attend with a winning child under the age of 16 years.
• Animal Experience is non-transferable and non-refundable.
• Animal Experience is subject to availability.
• Animal Experience has no monetary value and may not be resold.
• No alternative prize to the one stated will be given and cannot be exchanged for an alternative prize or monetary value.
• We reserve the right to request ID.
• Animal Experience is not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
Read more about Colchester Zoo Animal Experiences.
Explore Essex Prize Draw Full Terms and Conditions
Explore Essex Prize Draw Full Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is organised by Explore Essex, part of Essex County Council (ECC), County Hall, Market Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 1QH.
2. By entering the prize draw, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. Prize draw entry is free and no purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
4. The winner will be selected at random after the closing date of Sunday 23.59 BST 4 September 2023.
5. ECC accepts no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason. ECC will not accept:
(a) responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
(b) proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
6. Entrants must be UK residents and aged 18 years (parents can enter on behalf of their child).
7. Physical prizes must be collected from the closest participating Essex Country Park or Cressing Temple Barns where possible.
8. Competitions are not open to Explore Essex or Essex Outdoors employees, or to any immediate family of those employees.
9. In entering the competition, entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. ECC may require proof of eligibility.
10. Prize draw entries that are not submitted in accordance with:
- these terms and conditions; and
- the advertised competition entry procedure
will be automatically disqualified.
11. ECC will not accept competition entries that are:
(a) automatically generated by computer;
(b) completed by third parties or in bulk;
(c) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
(d) photocopies and not originals; or
12. There is a limit of one entry to the competition per entrant.
13. ECC reserves all rights to disqualify any competition entry where:
(a) the entrant’s conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition;
(b) the entrant uses false information; or
(c) it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
14. ECC reserves the right to implement any age requirements or any other eligibility criteria where necessary.
15. There is one prize for each winner and each winner will receive a prize to the same value.
16. No cash alternative is available. ECC reserve the right to substitute the advertised prize for another of equal or greater value should the original prize become unavailable.
17. The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
CLAIMING THE PRIZE
18. Winners will be notified of their win via an email.
19. Winners must claim the prize within 7 working days of the date of the notification email.
20. If a prize is not claimed within 7 days, the winner will be disqualified, and an alternative winner will be selected at random from the correct entries that were received.
21. ECC reserves the right to re-draw the prize if the winner cannot be contacted within 7 working days or the notification email is returned as undeliverable.
22.The prize may not be claimed by a third party on winner’s behalf.
23. ECC does not accept any responsibility if the prize is not claimed within the specified time limit or the winner is not able to take up the prize.
24. Insofar as is permitted by law, ECC, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage , personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of ECC, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data Protection and Publicity
25. ECC will only process your personal information as set out at https://www.essex.gov.uk/privacy-notices/Pages/Default.aspx.
26. In the event that you win this competition and accept the prize, you agree to:
(a) grant ECC the right to use your name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation; and
(b) the use of any photographs or video footage to be featured on ECC’s web pages or social media sites.
27. Entrants will only be contacted regarding the specific competition they have entered.
28. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, ECC may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude any entrant from participating in the competition.
29. ECC reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
30. The Promoter claims rights to the photograph
31. In the event of any dispute regarding the competition, the final decision of ECC shall be final and binding and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
32. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.