Walter and Zoniel's Modern Mythologies - Hadleigh Country Park
From mid-September, artists Walter and Zoniel present an ambitious public art project across Essex green spaces.
Proudly supported by the Arts and Cultural Fund, ‘Modern Mythologies’ is set to encapsulate the spirit of Essex through a poetic tapestry painted across its scenic grassy expanses.
Walter & Zoniel invited residents of Essex to submit their cherished memories, personal tales, and deep-rooted connections to help form the poetic tapestry. Drawing inspiration from the stories and sentiments, this multi-site land artwork seeks to intertwine the lives, experiences, and dreams of those who call Essex home, a place of work, or who cherish a profound connection with it.
Join the trail across our county to experience this unique poem for Essex.
- Thorndon Country Park South, South Brentwood Road, West Horndon CM13 3RZ
- Iron Age Roundhouse, Hadleigh Country Park, Chapel Ln, Hadleigh, Benfleet SS7 2PQ
- Jaywick Martello Tower, The Promenade, Belsize Ave, Jaywick, Clacton-on-Sea CO15 2LF
- Priory Park, Victoria Ave, Southend-on-Sea SS2 6ND
- Jubilee Gardens, Saffron Walden, CB10 1EH
Need to know
Save money with your Explorer Pass
Our annual Explore Essex Pass will give you and your family the freedom to explore some of the incredible places and green spaces that Essex has to offer, as many times as you like throughout the year, with free parking at seven country parks, 2 or 1 on Sky Ropes, priority booking on specific events, and 10% discounts at many cafes and visitor centres.