Snapping the Stiletto: Campaigning for equality - Competition Terms and Conditions
Please read these terms and conditions before completing the nomination form.
Nomination Terms & Conditions
1. This nomination competition is organised by Essex County Council (ECC), County Hall, Market Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 1QH.
2. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. Entry to the competition is free and no purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
4. The winner will be selected by a panel made up of museum and community partner after the closing date of TBC.
5. ECC accepts no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason. ECC will not accept:
(a) responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
(b) proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
6. Entrants must be Essex residents over 13 years of aged.
7. Entrants agree to be contacted by ECC if their nomination is shortlisted.
8. In entering the competition, entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so. ECC may require proof of eligibility.
9. Entries that are not submitted in accordance with:
(a) these terms and conditions; and
(b) the advertised competition entry procedure will be automatically disqualified.
10. ECC will not accept competition entries that are:
(a) automatically generated by computer;
(b) completed by third parties or in bulk;
(c) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with; or
11. There is a limit of one entry to the competition per entrant.
12. ECC reserves all rights to disqualify any competition entry where:
(a) the entrant’s conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition;
(b) the entrant uses false information; or
(c) it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
13. ECC reserves the right to implement any age requirements or any other eligibility criteria where
THE WINNING NOMINATIONS
14. The shortlisted nomination entrants will be notified and asked to introduce the organisers to the person nominated.
15. The nominated individual has the right to withdraw from the competition.
16. The nominated individual must provide permission before a portrait is commissioned.
USE OF THE PORTRAIT
17. The artist commissioned by ECC will produce one portrait for each of the winners.
18. The winners will receive a digital and printed version of their portrait.
19. The portraits will be used by ECC for their promotion of Snapping the Stiletto: Campaigning for Equality project.
20. Insofar as is permitted by law, ECC, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage , personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of ECC, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data Protection and Publicity
21. ECC will only process your personal information as set out at https://www.essex.gov.uk/privacy-notices/Pages/Default.aspx.
22. In the event that you win this competition and accept the prize, you agree to:
(a) grant ECC the right to use your name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation; and
(b) the use of any photographs or video footage to be featured on ECC’s web pages or social media sites.
23. Entrants will only be contacted regarding the specific competition they have entered unless stated otherwise.
24. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, ECC may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude any entrant from participating in the competition.
25. ECC reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
26. The Promoter claims rights to the portrait.
27. In the event of any dispute regarding the competition, the final decision of ECC shall be final and binding and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
28. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.