We don't expect your class to be able to live for a week alone in he woods after one day with us, but we do want them to benefit from some very exciting and useful activities.
These activities are a great opportunity to build team skills, gain confidence and learn practical, common-sense tasks. This is the trip your class will remember!
Activities that may be included in your day:
- Fire building - a demonstration of fire-lighting (weather dependent)
- Cooking in the open - you are welcome to bring marshmallows for the children to cook over the fire.
- Shelter building - construct a shelter to keep out the elements.
- Navigation - learn how to find your way and what to do if lost.
- Water filtration - filter your water through an old sock.
- Traditional crafts - experiment with natural materials to make something useful or beautiful.