Room on the Broom Day
"The witch and a cat and a very tall hat"
Your class will follow the magical journey of the witch and the cat. They will experience different environments and look at the habitats of characters in the story. Drama and song bring the story to life, as they get closer to nature. Literacy and numeracy are woven throughout and there are lots of ideas for extension activities back in your setting.
Activities that may be included in your Room on the Broom day:
- Magic potions - find and mix ingredients, then create a magic chant
- Wonderful wands - make a wand and spell
- Who's new - re-enact the story with a new character
- Teamwork time - work together to solve challenges
- Mud monsters - explore the properties of mud and design a squidy monster