Plant Detective Day
Learn what it takes to survive and thrive in the tough world of plants.
Your class will discover what plants need and the fascinating strategies they employ to germinate, grow and reproduce. Plant structure and function will be explored, and common species identified. Hands-on experiences unlock the wonder of plants and activities embed learning in an engaging way.
Activities that may be included in your day:
- Habitat comparison - explore habitats to discover what plants grow where and why we need them.
- Plant mimes - use drama to understand the structure and function of plants and methods of seed dispersal.
- Fight for survival - find out what plants need, the challenges seedlings face and what happens when habitats are lost, all through active games.
- Meet a tree - get to know trees in a multisensory way.
- Natural art - experiment with fractal patterns or natural artist's materials