Huge or small, veggie or scary? Everyone has a favourite dinosaur. Using the park's open spaces, we will demonstrate how big dinosaurs were and how long ago they roamed the earth, making maths fun and accessible.
using familiar dinosaurs and fun facts, everyone gets stuck into estimating and measuring with a range of formal and informal units. The day includes problem solving, team challenges and art activities that all will enjoy.
Activities that may be included in your day:
- Woodland trail - what will be discovered?
- Dinosaur timeline- make a timeline from natural objects to illustrate who lied when and where we fit in.
- Massive maths - measure dinosaur lengths, strides and more, using trundle wheels and informal measures.
- Land art - use natural materials to build giant nest or dinosaur skeletons
- Make a dinosaur - from clay, plaster of even people!