Essex Explorer magazine - Giveaways and Competitions
This summer we’ve got three fabulous competitions for you. Get creative with your camera for a chance to win a free ACL photography course, £100 photography voucher from ACL and an Explore Essex goody bag; win a compost bin worth £149.99 with Love Essex and enter our butterfly biome giveaway!
Win a Butterfly Biome
Help attract butterflies to your garden by WINNING ‘The Complete Butterfly Biome’. The Butterfly Biome includes a butterfly guide and top 10 wildflower seeds to help make your garden a haven for butterflies.
How to enter:
To enter our prize draw for the Butterfly Biome giveaway, simply email your answer to the question below to Marketing.ExploreEssex@essex.gov.uk. Please title your email with the competition name.
Simply email us the answer to this question:
A common butterfly in the UK is known as the:
Send your answer to: Marketing.email@example.com
Closing date: 23:59 on Sunday 15 August 2021.
Win a free ACL photography course, a £100 photography voucher courtesy of ACL Essex, and an Explore Essex goody bag.
If our spring art competition inspired you to get creative, we are running a photography competition this summer in collaboration with ACL Essex. We want you to photograph your 'Green Space, Happy Place' – whether that’s a favourite park bench to sit and reflect, a glistening lake brimming with wildlife or an ancient woodland at one of our Essex Country Parks.
You don’t have to use a professional camera - snap an image on your phone or tablet and submit them into our summer competition.
The winner will receive a free ACL photography course, a £100 photography voucher courtesy of ACL Essex and an Explore Essex goody bag! The winners photograph will also be published on our website and in the next edition of the Essex Explorer magazine. We will create an online gallery of entries.
How to enter:
Simply send your name, email address, and photograph to Marketing.ExploreEssex@essex.gov.uk
OR post it on social media with the hashtag #HappyGreenSpaceEssex and tag ACL and Explore Essex.
Explore Essex handles:
Closing date: 23:59 on Monday 23 August 2021.
Please note, the creative photography course is suitable for people aged 19+. There is no time limit to claim the course within. A panel of judges will chose the winner.
Win a 900-litre compost bin worth £149.99 with Love Essex
Get into composting this summer and be in with a chance of winning a fantastic Thermo-King 900-litre compost bin worth £149.99 - it’s the perfect addition to your garden.
How to enter:
All you need to do is complete a quick survey on the Love Essex website here: www.loveessex.org/exploreessex
Closing date: 23:59 on Sunday 15 August 2021.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is organised by Explore Essex, part of Essex County Council (ECC), County Hall, Market Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 1QH.
2. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. Prize draw entry is free and no purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
4. The winner will be selected at random after the closing date of 23.59 BST Sunday 15 August 2021 for the Butterfly Biome and Love Essex competitions and after 23.59 BST Monday 23 August for the ACL competition.
5. ECC accepts no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason. ECC will not accept:
(a) responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
(b) proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
6. Entrants must be UK residents and aged 18 years.
7. Prize must be collected from the closest participating Park.
8. Competitions are not open to Explore Essex employees, or to any immediate family of Explore Essex employees.
9. In entering the competition, entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. ECC may require proof of eligibility.
10. Prize draw entries that are not submitted in accordance with:
- these terms and conditions; and
- the advertised competition entry procedure
will be automatically disqualified.
11. ECC will not accept competition entries that are:
(a) automatically generated by computer;
(b) completed by third parties or in bulk;
(c) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
(d) photocopies and not originals; or
12. There is a limit of one entry to the competition per entrant.
13. ECC reserves all rights to disqualify any competition entry where:
(a) the entrant’s conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition;
(b) the entrant uses false information; or
(c) it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
14. ECC reserves the right to implement any age requirements or any other eligibility criteria where necessary.
15. There is one prize for each winner and each winner will receive a prize to the same value.
16. No cash alternative is available. ECC reserve the right to substitute the advertised prize for another of equal or greater value should the original prize become unavailable.
17. The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
CLAIMING THE PRIZE
18. Winners will be notified of their win via a message on social media or an email.
19. Winners must claim the prize within 7 working days of the date of the notification email.
20. If a prize is not claimed within 7 days, the winner will be disqualified, and an alternative winner will be selected at random from the correct entries that were received.
21. ECC reserves the right to re-draw the prize if the winner cannot be contacted within 7 working days or the notification email is returned as undeliverable.
22.The prize may not be claimed by a third party on winner’s behalf.
23. ECC does not accept any responsibility if the prize is not claimed within the specified time limit or the winner is not able to take up the prize.
24. Insofar as is permitted by law, ECC, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage , personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of ECC, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data Protection and Publicity
25. ECC will only process your personal information as set out at https://www.essex.gov.uk/privacy-notices/Pages/Default.aspx.
26. In the event that you win this competition and accept the prize, you agree to:
(a) grant ECC the right to use your name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation; and
(b) the use of any photographs or video footage to be featured on ECC’s web pages or social media sites.
27. Entrants will only be contacted regarding the specific competition they have entered.
28. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, ECC may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude any entrant from participating in the competition.
29. ECC reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
30. The Promoter claims rights to the photograph
31. In the event of any dispute regarding the competition, the final decision of ECC shall be final and binding and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
32. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.