Essex Explorer magazine - Giveaways and Competitions
This spring we’ve got four fabulous giveaways for you. A free creative course from ACL, an indulgent afternoon tea for two thanks to Tiptree Tea Rooms, a plastic-free hamper to help you live more sustainably and three book bundles featuring our spring reads!
You can enter all four giveaways, but you can only enter each one once. Closing date is midnight Sunday 25 April 2021.
How to Enter
To enter our prize draws for the Tiptree Tea Rooms afternoon tea and the spring reads book bundle giveaways, simply do the following:
Email your answer to the magazine question to: Marketing.ExploreEssex@essex.gov.uk
Please title your email with the giveaway you are entering.
The winners will be contacted directly by email after the closing date of 25 April 2021. You will need to provide your postal details at this point to receive your prize, should you be lucky enough to win!
To enter the ACL art course competition, please email your name, phone number, email address and image (photograph or artwork) to: email@example.com
To enter the Love Essex plastic-free hamper competition, please visit their website and complete a short survey: www.loveessex.org/exploreessex
You must enter by 23.59 GMT Sunday 25 April 2021.
Good luck everyone!
Win a Tiptree Tea Rooms afternoon tea for two.
With ten locations across the county (and just over the border into Suffolk), Tiptree Tea Rooms are beautifully situated at many quintessentially English locations.
We’re excited to have a Tiptree afternoon tea voucher for two to giveaway with this issue of Essex Explorer for one winner to treat both themselves and someone special at one of these participating Tea Rooms.
Indulge in a beautifully presented afternoon tea served on a china cake stand with freshly made sandwiches, freshly baked sultana scones, clotted cream and Tiptree preserves with a selection of individual fresh patisseries. Includes a choice of unlimited tea or filter coffee. The voucher is worth £30 and will be valid for 24 months from the issue date.
To enter: Simply tell us what Wilkin & Sons and Tiptree are most famous for:
C) Peanut Butter
Email your answer (one entry per person) to: Marketing.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Title your email with the competition name.
Win our Spring Reads! We have three book bundles to give away.
The book bundle includes ‘Everything is Beautiful’ by Eleanor Ray, ‘The Smallest Man’ by Frances Quinn and ‘The Survivors’ by Jane Harper.
To enter: Send us the name of 1 book you recommend and why (one entry per person).
Send your answer to:
Or comment on our Facebook page @exploressex
Title your email with the competition name.
Win a free art course by entering the ACL Park Art competition
ACL love to discover new talent and celebrate it, to inspire and motivate others to pursue their passions.
Be inspired by the Essex Country Parks and enter the Park Art competition by sending in your photography and artwork. This could be anything from a wildlife portrait, a picturesque photo that you have captured, to a landscape drawing of your favourite park.
You will be in with a chance of winning great prizes, including a free art course and other goodies. What’s more, the winner’s artwork or photograph will be published on ACL Essex’s website and magazine as well as in the Essex Explorer magazine. Explore Essex will also create an online art gallery of entries on our Explore Essex website. Please note, the creative and cultural course is suitable for people aged 19+ and is not an accredited course. There is no time limit to claim the course within. A panel of judges will chose the winner.
To enter: Simply send your name, email address, phone number and image of photography or artwork email@example.com
Win a plastic-free hamper of goodies from Love Essex
Be in with a chance of winning a fantastic plastic-free collection of goodies from Love Essex by completing a short survey.
The hamper consists of:
• ‘How to give up plastic’ book
• Stainless steel two-tier lunchbox
• Reusable Chilly’s water bottle
• Beeswax wraps
• Bamboo cutlery set
• Reusable sandwich bag
• Reusable sponges
To enter: Simply visit www.loveessex.org/exploreessex and complete the survey for a chance to win!
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is organised by Explore Essex, part of Essex County Council (ECC), County Hall, Market Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 1QH.
2. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. Prize draw entry is free and no purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
4. The winner will be selected at random after the closing date of 23.59 GMT Sunday 25 April 2021.
5. ECC accepts no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason. ECC will not accept:
(a) responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
(b) proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
6. Entrants must be UK residents and aged 18 years.
7. Prize must be collected from the closest participating Park.
8. Competitions are not open to ECC employees, or to any immediate family of ECC employees.
9. In entering the competition, entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. ECC may require proof of eligibility.
10. Prize draw entries that are not submitted in accordance with:
- these terms and conditions; and
- the advertised competition entry procedure
will be automatically disqualified.
11. ECC will not accept competition entries that are:
(a) automatically generated by computer;
(b) completed by third parties or in bulk;
(c) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
(d) photocopies and not originals; or
12. There is a limit of one entry to the competition per entrant.
13. ECC reserves all rights to disqualify any competition entry where:
(a) the entrant’s conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition;
(b) the entrant uses false information; or
(c) it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
14. ECC reserves the right to implement any age requirements or any other eligibility criteria where necessary.
15. There is one prize for each winner and each winner will receive a prize to the same value.
16. No cash alternative is available. ECC reserve the right to substitute the advertised prize for another of equal or greater value should the original prize become unavailable.
17. The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
CLAIMING THE PRIZE
18. Winners will be notified of their win via a message on social media or an email.
19. Winners must claim the prize within 7 working days of the date of the notification email.
20. If a prize is not claimed within 7 days, the winner will be disqualified, and an alternative winner will be selected at random from the correct entries that were received.
21. ECC reserves the right to re-draw the prize if the winner cannot be contacted within 7 working days or the notification email is returned as undeliverable.
22.The prize may not be claimed by a third party on winner’s behalf.
23. ECC does not accept any responsibility if the prize is not claimed within the specified time limit or the winner is not able to take up the prize.
24. Insofar as is permitted by law, ECC, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage , personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of ECC, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data Protection and Publicity
25. ECC will only process your personal information as set out at https://www.essex.gov.uk/privacy-notices/Pages/Default.aspx.
26. In the event that you win this competition and accept the prize, you agree to:
(a) grant ECC the right to use your name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation; and
(b) the use of any photographs or video footage to be featured on ECC’s web pages or social media sites.
27. Entrants will only be contacted regarding the specific competition they have entered.
28. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, ECC may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude any entrant from participating in the competition.
29. ECC reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
30. The Promoter claims rights to the photograph
31. In the event of any dispute regarding the competition, the final decision of ECC shall be final and binding and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
32. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.