Essex Explorer magazine - Giveaways and Competitions
Discover some great competitions this autumn
Win your photo on the front cover and an Explorer Pass worth £75
Be in with a chance to see your photo on the next front cover and win an Explorer Pass worth £75!
We hope you've been inspired to get out and about this autumn whether its for a quick stroll or a longer ramble. Capture some beautiful images when you're out, keep your eyes peeled for inspiring scenes and wildlife. Send us your best photos to enter.
How to enter:
To enter email your photos to Marketing.ExploreEssex@essex.gov.uk. Please title your email with the competition name: Front cover competition.
Please make sure to let us know your name, and when and where the photo was taken.
Please be aware that we may share a shortlist of images in a gallery on our website and in the next magazine. By entering you are giving us your permission to share your image and name.
Closing date 23:59 on Tuesday 30 November 2021.
Win a bespoke session at The Lock climbing wall for two
We've got a bespoke two-hour session for two people at The Lock climbing wall in Harlow up for grabs!
How to enter:
To be in with a chance of winning send your answer (one entry per person) to the question below by email to Marketing.ExploreEssex@essex.gov.uk title your email with the competition name: The Lock competition.
Q: Where is The Lock?
A: A. Chelmsford, B. Colchester, C. Harlow
Closing date 23.59 Sunday 21 November 2021. Please see full terms and conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
1. This prize draw is organised by Explore Essex, part of Essex County Council (ECC), County Hall, Market Road, Chelmsford, Essex CM1 1QH.
2. By submitting an entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
3. Prize draw entry is free and no purchase is necessary to enter the competition.
4. The winner will be selected at random after the closing date of 23.59 GMT Sunday 21 November 2021 for The Lock competition. The winner for the front cover competition will be selected by the Explore Essex marketing team after the closing date of 23.59 GMT Tuesday 30 November 2021.
5. ECC accepts no responsibility for entries not received for whatever reason. ECC will not accept:
(a) responsibility for competition entries that are lost, mislaid, damaged or delayed in transit, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any postal failure, equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure of any kind; or
(b) proof of posting or transmission as proof of receipt of entry to the competition.
6. Entrants must be UK residents and aged 18 years.
7. Physical prizes must be collected from the closest participating Essex Country Park where possible.
8. Competitions are not open to Explore Essex or Essex Outdoors employees, or to any immediate family of those employees.
9. In entering the competition, entrants confirm that they are eligible to do so and eligible to claim the prize. ECC may require proof of eligibility.
10. Prize draw entries that are not submitted in accordance with:
- these terms and conditions; and
- the advertised competition entry procedure
will be automatically disqualified.
11. ECC will not accept competition entries that are:
(a) automatically generated by computer;
(b) completed by third parties or in bulk;
(c) illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with;
(d) photocopies and not originals; or
12. There is a limit of one entry to the competition per entrant for The Lock competition.
13. ECC reserves all rights to disqualify any competition entry where:
(a) the entrant’s conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the prize competition;
(b) the entrant uses false information; or
(c) it has reasonable grounds to believe that the entrant has breached any of these terms and conditions.
14. ECC reserves the right to implement any age requirements or any other eligibility criteria where necessary.
15. There is one prize for each winner and each winner will receive a prize to the same value.
16. No cash alternative is available. ECC reserve the right to substitute the advertised prize for another of equal or greater value should the original prize become unavailable.
17. The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
CLAIMING THE PRIZE
18. Winners will be notified of their win via an email.
19. Winners must claim the prize within 7 working days of the date of the notification email.
20. If a prize is not claimed within 7 days, the winner will be disqualified, and an alternative winner will be selected at random from the correct entries that were received.
21. ECC reserves the right to re-draw the prize if the winner cannot be contacted within 7 working days or the notification email is returned as undeliverable.
22.The prize may not be claimed by a third party on winner’s behalf.
23. ECC does not accept any responsibility if the prize is not claimed within the specified time limit or the winner is not able to take up the prize.
24. Insofar as is permitted by law, ECC, its agents or distributors will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage , personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by the negligence of ECC, its agents or distributors or that of their employees. Your statutory rights are not affected.
Data Protection and Publicity
25. ECC will only process your personal information as set out at https://www.essex.gov.uk/privacy-notices/Pages/Default.aspx.
26. In the event that you win this competition and accept the prize, you agree to:
(a) grant ECC the right to use your name and likeness for advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation; and
(b) the use of any photographs or video footage to be featured on ECC’s web pages or social media sites.
27. Entrants will only be contacted regarding the specific competition they have entered.
28. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, ECC may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude any entrant from participating in the competition.
29. ECC reserves the right to hold void, suspend, cancel, or amend the competition where it becomes necessary to do so.
30. The Promoter claims rights to the photograph
31. In the event of any dispute regarding the competition, the final decision of ECC shall be final and binding and no correspondence or discussion shall be entered into.
32. These terms and conditions shall be governed by English law, and the parties submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.